[Ur] Lack of cell borders with WebKit

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Mon Oct 5 13:57:18 EDT 2009

Darin Morrison wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Adam Chlipala <adamc at impredicative.com> wrote:
>
>> nitralime wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't get this error in Safari 4.0.3.
>>> However, the borders around the grid elemets
>>> are missing!
>>>
>> I have no idea how to deal with this, and it's infeasible for me to test
>> anything on a Mac, so I'll ignore this for now.
>>

> There are Linux browsers available that use webkit.  I think you can
> also just use webkit itself on Linux as an extremely barebones
> browser.  That should be a good approximation of using Safari on a
> Mac.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've now replicated the problem in Midori.
Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with JavaScript;
static versions of these tables also lack cell borders.  WebKit seems to
ignore the "border-style" CSS atrribute for <th> and <td>.  Does anyone
know if this is a bug or if it is in line with CSS standards?

P.S.: I've fixed the SQL table name mangling bug in my working copy of
the code.  It feels kind of funny to make a new release just for that,
so please send more bug reports. ;)