[Ur] Ur/web type system and security

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at aya.yale.edu
Sun Sep 13 13:32:27 EDT 2009

Two probably unrelated questions:
- I just glanced at the paper "observational equality, now!" and it seemed
pretty appealing although I lack the background to grasp the finer points.
What is the relationship of the ur/web type system to one along the lines
therein, relative tradeoffs between them, could the ideas there be
implemented for ur/web, are they in some maybe partial sense already?
- I glanced at the demos and saw that to be really functional state is often
passed in the url. What techniques are used to avoid the security pitfalls
of dangling application state out like that while remaining idiomatic?
Pointers to existing documentation are fine, I haven't read much of it.