[Ur] [Bulk] Re: A few questions

gdp3 at cs.waikato.ac.nz gdp3 at cs.waikato.ac.nz
Tue Sep 15 08:16:03 EDT 2009

> Can you talk a bit more about the work you are doing with Ur ?
> Is it something you'd be willing to share ?
>
> I  want to do some work with Ur/Web and I am interested in every bit
> of examples I can get (beyond the demos)...

Sure.  I'm essentially just tinkering - trying to get my head around the
language.  I've started creating a little blogging system to direct my
tinkering.

I have a git repository with my tinkering in it.  However, _before_ you go
look at that, I should really stress that anything I'm doing here cannot
be considered as an example of "good style" or even "a typical program".
If anything, it's exactly what you would expect of somehow hacking without
much direction in a new language, so feel free to look, but learn from it
at your own risk:

http://github.com/gian/urblog

There is a running instance of the code at:

http://www.expdev.net:8080/Urblog/main

and an admin interface accessible at:

http://www.expdev.net:8080/Urblog/admin

(You'll notice that the 'admin interface' is currently just a renamed
'CRUD' example).

I think I'm _just_ getting to the point where I have enough of an
understanding of what's going on to be able to start coding in a more
systematic way, rather than
copying-and-pasting-and-fixing-the-compiler-errors, which has been my
general process up to this point.

I figure I'll get to the point of being able to call what I have a 'real
application' and then write up my experiences in the hope that it might be
useful to others.

-Gian