[Ur] Unicode

gdp3 at cs.waikato.ac.nz gdp3 at cs.waikato.ac.nz
Thu Sep 17 09:29:57 EDT 2009

> Is there any plan to implement it in "near" future?
>
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Adam Chlipala
> <adamc at impredicative.com>wrote:
>
>> nitralime wrote:
>>
>>> Does Ur/Web support unicode?
>>>

>> I haven't done any implementation work specific to Unicode.  I don't
>> know
>> if some aspects might happen to "just work."

It appears to generate escape sequences of the form:

When unicode characters are entered.  The characters are correctly
recorded in the database, so it looks like it is most of the way to
behaving correctly - I think it just needs to generate correct unicode
escapes (e.g. &#x650; &#x633;) and it should work as expected.  The
negative values in the escapes make me think that there is a 1-byte type
being used somewhere, and it is being overflowed.

Gian