[Ur] [Bulk] Seeking Ur/Web case studies

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Thu Sep 24 19:07:18 EDT 2009

David Snider wrote:
> I have a .NET application that I can convert as well as every hour I spent
> developing it written down.
>
> The data is in a MSSQL database though. Is there any way to tap into that
> directly or will I have to migrate to MySQL?

I haven't implemented anything that would facilitate interfacing with
MSSQL, and I'm not going to spend any time supporting it in the near
future.  The database backend support is pretty well modularized in the
compiler, so anyone who understands the code base could add a new
backend fairly easily.

(Obviously you can use the current support without migrating to MySQL,
because you could migrate to Postgres or SQLite instead. ;])

Also keep in mind that Ur/Web is not implemented to work with the model
where you create a database and then interface with it.  Ur/Web wants to
control all database tables, and the database is really just a backing
store whose schema is generated from the Ur/Web application's code.