[Ur] New release

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Sep 26 13:16:20 EDT 2009

nitralime wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Adam Chlipala
> <adamc at impredicative.com <mailto:adamc at impredicative.com>> wrote:
> nitralime wrote:
>
>     Just for your Info!
>     On the page (http://www.impredicative.com/ur/more/)
>     I got the following error message by clicking on "Grid1":
>     -----------------------------------------------------
>     Fail: ReferenceError: _16 is not defined
>     -----------------------------------------------------
>

> Which browser are you using?
> Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac OS X (10.5.8, Intel)!

OK, the new Ur/Web release works for me in the latest Firefox.  I'm
pretty confident that it's a Firefox bug that caused the trouble, but
I've changed the compiler so that that sort of bug shouldn't cause
trouble in the future.

> I didn't get this error in Safari 4.0.3.
> However, the borders around the grid elemets
> are missing!

I have no idea how to deal with this, and it's infeasible for me to test
anything on a Mac, so I'll ignore this for now.

> There are also two messages in error console:
>
> /ur/more/More/Grid1/main:12  XML self-closing tag syntax used on <th>.
> The tag will not be closed.
> /ur/more/More/Grid1/main:89  XML self-closing tag syntax used on <td>.
> The tag will not be closed.

Thanks.  I've changed the compiler to avoid self-closing tags that
weren't traditionally self-closing in HTML.

> IE 8.0 on WinXP works. There is also an error message

I'm going to ignore IE for now, since I want to prioritize developing
case studies that demonstrate why metaprogramming is nifty in Ur.