[Ur] Ur/Web in Nixos

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Tue Aug 24 09:04:30 EDT 2010

Karn Kallio wrote:
> While packaging Ur/Web for NixOS ( http://nixos.org/ , a Linux distribution
> using a non-standard prefix-based directory layout ) it was necessary to apply
> a patch removing the postgresql directory prefix hardcoded in the header paths
> in the file postgres.sml.
>
> I believe using GCCARGS to pass include directory locations via -I can't be
> made to work without introducing symlinks or some such whenever the actual
> header files mysql.h and libpq-fe.h are contained in directories not named
> postgresql and mysql.

Thanks for the information.  Indeed, for people using non-Debian-based
systems, I've often had to suggest adding symlinks among their include
directories.  Like you predict, your particular patch does break things
for Debian.  I'm not familiar with the autotools idioms appropriate for
addressing this issue, but I'd be happy to apply a patch along those
lines, if someone wants to come up with one.