[Ur] info page containing sensor information ?

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Dec 4 10:39:25 EST 2010

Marc Weber wrote:
> Let's say I'd like to create an info page which lists various items such
> as:
>    - disk space
>    - current heap size used by urweb
>    - memory allocated by embedded ruby interpreter (doesn't exist yet)
>
> How would to design a such an interface which allows multiple libraries
> to add their own pieces of information?

I don't think there's a good way to do this with Ur, especially given
that the compiler fails if it can't eliminate all server-side uses of
first-class functions.  You can probably work something entirely at the
C level.

I would just include manual calls to all information providers in a
single place.  Obviously this has modularity downsides, but I doubt it
really matters in practice.