[Ur] Using Ur/Web to create standalone JS applications

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Dec 11 16:00:20 EST 2010

Hi Vag,

you may want to consider reading the posts on the archive which were
posted within the last days. A Very similar question was asked.
Adam's reply was something like:

- JS could be done - but nobody spent time on it yet ( The question was about v8
  using js on the server side)
  It seems that you have to persuade him to do so.

- PHP ? Have fun. You probably really don't want it for speed reasons.
  (I know there are other reasons - so I see the value - but I also
  think that getting more examples / tutorials / libraries up and
  runinng is much more important)
  Because you can already generate JS - generating PHP would be doable.
  If you want this maybe try HaXe, it can already generate PHP - but you
  can't compare it to Ur/web

Adam: I hope this reply reflects your attitude. It may be worth to
create a wiki page labeled "FAQ" ?

HTH
Marc Weber