[Ur] Handling POST requests that aren't from forms

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Wed Dec 15 09:58:10 EST 2010

Chris Double wrote:
> This is what the post request looks like that I'm receving:
> ----------8<-------------
>
> {"message":"hello"}

Oh, now I see what you mean, which should have been obvious to me from
the start (sorry).

The current Ur/Web compiler doesn't provide any way of handling such
requests.  I was thinking of requests with inputs encoded entirely in
URLs, in a format dictated by Ur/Web.

If we (for the moment) treat the compiler as fixed in stone, the
simplest approach is probably an HTTP-proxying wrapper script.
Suggestions of "the right way" to extend the compiler to support this
stuff are also welcome.