[Ur] CMS like features ? unsafe XML - encodings?

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Mon Dec 20 09:05:39 EST 2010

Chris Double wrote:
> You
> can see in the displayed article summaries that a lot of the HTML
> slips through "&nbsp;,<em>,<!-- comments -->, etc". I thought I'd
> use the Html parser to 'whitelist' HTML I allowed. It throws an error
> on HTML it doesn't understand though. Is there a way to have it
> ignore/remove non-whitelisted elements? Some way of catching the error
> and continuing? Failing that I can escape to the FFI and run an
> external script I guess.

The current parser in the Meta library isn't magic.  It could easily be
tweaked to display the behavior you're looking for.  Are you asking for
my advice on how you could change it (and hopefully submit a patch to go
into the library!), or are you asking me to make specific changes? :)

> So far the development has been relatively smooth. The main oddness
> has been the date/time conversions that I raised Mantis issues for.

Yes, I'm planning to get to that soon. :)