[Ur] Anyone up for some paid work?

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Mon Dec 20 14:12:34 EST 2010

I'm in touch with a non-technical entrepreneur who is interested in
paying for some web application development.  He has no up-front
objection to Ur/Web, especially if my story of reducing costs greatly is
true (about which we'll have to wait and see!).  My plan is to see if I
can build something appealing with a relatively small time investment,
but I won't be surprised if my prior time commitments prevent me from
doing all of the programming.

I'm writing to ask: Would anyone here be interested in doing some Ur/Web
application development for pay?  My impression is that the customer is
willing to pay market rates or better, though nothing is settled yet.
We could work together on this, possibly with my involvement shifting
out over time.

Also: This would be my first commercial web application development job
outside of an established company.  I'm used to having graphical web
site and user interface designs handed to me as if by magic (as static
HTML, CSS, and images), before I get started.  Is anyone on the list
competent to do that kind of stuff, or do you know someone who is?
Again, my understanding is that this would be paid work at market rates,
at least.