[Ur] problems building Ur/Web on OS X since the change to dynamic so libs

Georg Bauer gb+ur at rfc1437.de
Tue Jan 26 10:07:14 EST 2010

>> I think the right way to go would be to use GNU libtool - and go the
>> full automake+autoconf route, dynamic libraries for all supported
>> plattforms are an automatic result. But please don't look at me on how
>> to use libtool - that stuff allways drives me crazy ;)
>>

> The libtool manual seems to be pretty readable.  Based on its examples, I've
> modified the Ur/Web Makefile to use libtool.  What I have now works in
> Debian, but I haven't tried it in any other setting.  Could you give it a
> try in OSX and let me know if it works?  It can be pulled from this
> Mercurial repository:
>    http://hg.impredicative.com/urweb

mlton -output bin/urweb src/compiler.mlb
libtool --mode=compile gcc -Wimplicit -O3 -I include -c src/c/memmem.c
-o lib/c/memmem.lo
libtool: unknown option character `-' in: --mode=compile
Usage: libtool -static [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]]
[-arch_only arch] [-sacLT]
Usage: libtool -dynamic [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]]
[-arch_only arch] [-o output] [-install_name name]
[-compatibility_version #] [-current_version #] [-seg1addr 0x#]
[-segs_read_only_addr 0x#] [-segs_read_write_addr 0x#]
[-seg_addr_table <filename>] [-seg_addr_table_filename
<file_system_path>] [-all_load] [-noall_load]
make: *** [lib/c/memmem.lo] Error 1

bye, Georg