[Ur] error building in user directory

Chris Casinghino chris.casinghino at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:51:28 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Chris Casinghino
<chris.casinghino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, "sudo make install" works fine, but I thought I'd report
> the bug.

Well, I spoke too soon.  Though the install complete, invocations of
urweb fail with:

  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lurweb

Even if I try to add the paths to GCCARGS during build, as sort of
suggested in the manual.  For example, configuring with:

  GCCARGS="-L$FOO/lib/urweb/c -L$FOO/lib" ./configure --prefix=$FOO

Is not enough to avoid this error.  I'll try a global install for now.
Am I missing something, or is installing in a nonstandard place not
supported?

--Chris Casinghino