[Ur] Some more questions:

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 15:33:11 EDT 2010

> Ur/Web executables contain no default web server functionality for
> reading from static files.  I recommend hosting static content with a
> traditional web server, possibly one that proxies to your application
> (via HTTP or FastCGI) for the dynamic content.

1)
  When using channels is the data which still has to be sent to clients
  stored in databases? CGI / FASTCGI have multiple processes so there must
  be kind external storage, correct?

2) abstract constructors?
Chat example:
  datatype lines = End | Line of string * source lines

basis.urs defines
  con source :: Type -> Type
  val source : t ::: Type -> t -> transaction (source t)

I don't think I understand how its used yet. Is it taken from another
language I could look it up from?
Where is the implementation of that particular abstract constructor?
In the the other use cases they are defined when a module is being used.

3)
  manual says #X is a field name.

  The demos contain code like this:

  With some imagination you can understand that #D part of an imaginary
  record which is passed to add (?) - How do I know which record this
  field refers to?

  Thesee usages clearly show me that I don't understand anything:

    more/grid1.ur
                structure F = Direct.Foreign(struct
                                                 con nm = #Id

    more/bid.ur
      <dyn signal={papers <- signal papers;
                   return (List.mapX (fn (pid, extra, ints) => <xml>
                     <hr/>
                     #{[pid]}: {summarizePaper extra}:

  So which documentation to read to understand what's happening here ?

Marc Weber