[Ur] last type decl wins?

Vag Vagoff vag.vagoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 10:38:47 EDT 2011

On 16.04.2011 16:18, Marc Weber wrote:
> Its a minor difference.
> The important thing is that Haskell has a warn flag about such shadowing
> taking place :)
>
> Usually its best to use a different name rather than shadowing
> something.
No, such kind of overloading appears to be pretty useful, it struck me after switching from Haskell to Coq.
I feel that Haskell's shadowing warnings are good only for novices; they are bothering and useless for advanced users (they turned off by default, by the way).
But redefinition of names at same level are completely unacceptable, of course..

Vag.