[Ur] haskell interface

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Apr 17 08:55:52 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Sun Apr 17 14:32:36 +0200 2011:
> This part I don't understand.  There are certainly "server-side
> processes" involved with any compiled Ur/Web application!  If you
> describe precisely what functionality you want to implement, I may be
> able to explain how Ur/Web already supports it.

transactional memory for example. Or any kind of in memory database.

Eg tree and graph like structures are hard to model in traditional
RDBMS. Well modeling is easy - but performance will be bad because you
have to run one select statement for each edge or the like.

For trees there is a way you could accept:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/hierarchical-data.html

Marc Weber