[Ur] smlnj build, # comments for .ur files

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Apr 17 09:42:58 EDT 2011

> Thanks for the patches!  Neither one seems consistent to me with my
> vision for how Ur/Web should be set up, so I'll leave them as something
> folks can apply optionally.

It doesn't make sense to me that you call Haskell's "implicit mutual
recursion spread across files" an entangled mess because you want to
read code top-down to understand what's happening but don't apply this
pattern to urweb .. because the http, fastcgi, cgi targets register
themselves?

My real question is:
I used this pattern for single line comments forcing a space because #
is used by labels and chars:

  line_comment = [#][ ][^\n]*\n;

However this only works using sml/nj but not mlton?
Any idea what could be the cause before I start debugging this issue?

Most lexers I know apply a strategy maing the rule causing the longest
match win. In all cases this should be line_comment.
Do sml lexer's work the same?

Marc Weber