[Ur] haskell interface

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:42:32 EDT 2011

2011/4/17 Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de>:
>> situation with C-interface? Is possible to construct UrWeb-to-Haskell
>> interface somehow?
>
> Of course it is. You can call Haskell from C. However you have to
> hand over data using binary protocols. Thus you have to implement
> serialization / deserializatio in both: urweb and Haskell.
> Thus in the end you may be faster using Haskell only..

Thanks for your answers. Thats what I take for now. At least I hope
that making Haskell interface is possible, because Haskell as language
looks like a subset of Ur.

I've heard about WASH before but it looks a bit stale nowdays - last
release was in 2007. Currently, Happstack and Yesod (maybe some
others) are in active development in Haskell community. They are quite
fine, but still don't hide HTTP request/response logic of the
application. Well, many cool applications were developed with the help
of even more simpler tools.

--
Sergey