[Ur] 3rd day on Ur tutorial

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Wed Jul 20 08:33:52 EDT 2011

Gian Perrone wrote:
> The MySQL choice is mostly because I was trying to make the tutorial
> something resembling "how perform using Ur/Web some task that I might
> perform using PHP or Ruby on Rails?", and with both of those
> environments, MySQL is the de facto standard (for good for for bad).
> If anyone figures out the correct parameters necessary to make
> Postgres work with the existing tutorial application, I'd be happy to
> add those.

If I remember correctly, the simple bootstrapping sequence for Postgres
is (fill in your UNIX username for $USER, database name for $DB, .sql
filename for $SQL):

sudo -u postmaster psql template1
CREATE USER $USER WITH CREATEDB;
^D
createdb $DB
psql -f $SQL.sql $DB

...and then the simple .urp file that's already in the tutorial should work.