[Ur] Ur/Web talk at Hac Phi

austin seipp as at hacks.yi.org
Sun Jul 31 11:57:18 EDT 2011

Hello all,

Yesterday, I gave a talk at the Haskell Hac Phi Hackathon about
Ur/Web. I felt it was a good crowd, and wanted to get people
interested in Ur. And many people seemed to enjoy it! Perhaps some of
the people reading this now were there ;) I couldn't answer every
question people had, but many seemed very very interested in the
technology. I hope they'll come and get involved.

My slides are online here in case anyone is interested:

http://hacks.yi.org/~as/talks/ur-hac-phi-talk/slides.html5.html

There was a concurrent Hac Phi going on in Berlin at the time, so my
talk was streamed on justin.tv to them I'm pretty sure - I'm not sure
if anybody saved the video stream though. If so, I'll be sure to
follow up with a link to the video of me giving the talk (and the
associated minor stumbling when asked things I couldn't exactly
answer!)

PS: Adam, sorry about the bit of SMLish-syntax hating. But as I was
surrounded by my people, it was sort of natural. We're all biased. :P

--
Regards,
Austin