[Ur] Patches to compile Ur/Web with clang

austin seipp as at hacks.yi.org
Fri Jun 17 12:12:44 EDT 2011

Wow, fast pick up! Thanks so much Adam. I can't test it at the moment
but I'll be sure to comment later tonight when I can. I've been having
lots of fun with Ur/Web lately.

I was also thinking about making it possible to compile the ur/web
runtime as an LLVM bitcode file, and do similar for programs you
compile with the compiler. Then  the final link step can merge the
files and effectively do whole program optimization, before emitting a
final executable. Alas, I don't know autoconf very well, nor do I know
automake (I'd need to make automake generate LLVM bitcode archives or
simply bitcode files instead of object file archives, which would
require some infrastructure I think.)

I don't know if it's really needed though. Ur/Web is stupid fast
already, and it's easy to see that.

Anyway, thanks!

--
Regards,