[Ur] A direction for Ur/Web

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Mar 26 19:17:20 EDT 2011

Karn Kallio wrote:
> Well, some similar fuzzy brainstorming that has occurred to me before:
> To have safely "tweakable" themes Ur/Web could represent them as types in some
> way.  That probably means Ur/Web will have to represent CSS too.  To naturally
> support user changes of themes at run time then probably implies that Ur/Web
> will need more support for dependent types, to allow expressions of a theme
> type depending on a value coming from a user.

Why is linking to an alternate style sheet not enough to effect such a
change?  This is completely supported even in the most recent official
Ur/Web release.

If you want any more than this, then major changes to the
language/compiler would be required, since the present support is based
essentially on whole-program compilation.