[Ur] File I/O

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Fri Nov 4 09:05:10 EDT 2011

Marc Weber wrote:
> Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Tue Nov 01 14:34:11 +0100 2011:
>
>> The error message isn't meant to suggest it's invalid HTML, but merely
>> that the Ur/Web lexer doesn't support it yet.  I could copy-and-paste a
>> table of all valid HTML entities into the Ur/Web lexer/parser source
>> code.  Is that the best way to support all these little shorthands?
>> (You're not losing expressive power, as far as I know, since the
>> "&#NNN;" form is already supported.)
>>
> The best way is to make urweb read and understand xml dtd files or such.
> (my 2 cents)

I'm looking at an HTML 4 DTD at w3.org, and the text "copy" doesn't
appear in it anywhere.  Are these character identities (e.g., "©")
really part of the DTD?

(It will never be feasible to generate Ur/Web's view of HTML solely
through automatic translation of DTDs, since I purposely change the tag
scheme to provide a nicer view of pages that takes advantage of static
typing.)