[Ur] signal monad semantics

Ron de Bruijn rmbruijn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:45:37 EST 2011

Op 10-11-11 09:32, Gergely Buday schreef:
> Hi there,
>
> the manual says
>
> "By
>   using signal on a source, you implicitly subscribe to change
> notications for that source. That is, your signal
>   will automatically be recomputed as that source changes"
>
> My question is: does this simply mean that upon "set"-ting a source
> triggers the signal monad to fire, or a comparison is done whether the
> new value is different from the previous?
I think it is undefined behavior. To make it defined some semantics for what a
"change" is, would have to be present in the manual.

I think if it would update anyway, regardless of a change in value, that it
would not be functional reactive programming, because you can observe the
execution of the system. It would be best to not make such assumptions about the
system.

--
Best regards,
   Ron de Bruijn