[Ur] NEW USER NEED HELP WITH INSTALLATION

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Nov 30 18:45:21 EST 2011

Excerpts from sampath kirupa shankar's message of Thu Dec 01 00:20:34 +0100 2011:
> please let me know what to do? I am a very eager student.....and want to work on ur/Web.....thank you

You have to understand that
- urweb creates a .c file and then
- compiles it using gcc

The compilation result of the .c file is then linked against precompiled
code, shared or static libraries. In this stage a lot of unresolved
references occur for whatever reason. Reasons may be the linker picking
the wrong libraries or not finding them at all. If you're "eager" you
can now study C and its compilation toolchain for weeks. Exporting
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/urweb
may just work - or it may not.

What to do? Find the .ml code in urweb running gcc. Add some debugging/
trace statements so that you know exactly how gcc and the linker are
invoked - then try to reproduce the errors show above in command line
then try to fix them.

alternatives:
Get a operating system distribution supporting urweb such as nixos
linux - or give me your SSH pub key - then I'll grant you access to a
SSH account supporting urweb - then you can get started instantly.

By the way: Writing in UPPER case is considered "SHOUTING" - and is very
uncommon - maybe even discouraged. Its used by SPAM mails too often.

Marc Weber