[Ur] Compiling code at runtime

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Oct 7 14:10:53 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Anand Patil's message of Fri Oct 07 19:08:43 +0200 2011:
> I'm wondering about Ur/Web's suitability as a compilation target for
> scripting languages that are used from a web console. As a very simple
> example, I'd like to write an Ur/Web web application featuring a text
> entry field, in which users can paste Ur programs (perhaps using only
> a subset of Ur), which are then compiled and executed. How feasible
> would this be?

The only way to run ur dynamically is by
- compiling ur
- invoking ur
using kind of proxying

There is no "eval" like function. In theory the JS backend is using kind
of interpreter so eventually it would be doable in some way.o

It would definitely require some internal changes because the list of
urls urweb apps reply to is hardcoded in the .c files currently

You may want to wait until someone else with deeper knowledge confirms
or corrects my statements.

Marc Weber