[Ur] PATCH: add an URWEB_PQ_CON environment variable to override PostgreSQL connection string

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Sat Sep 24 14:08:08 EDT 2011

austin seipp wrote:
> The following changeset implements a very simple patch to the
> PostgreSQL backend that lets you override the compiled-in '-db' option
> at runtime with the URWEB_PQ_CON environment variable:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/thoughtpolice/urweb/changeset/173d3cdc5bf9
>
> It's on the 'psql-env-var' branch as you can see here:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/thoughtpolice/urweb/changesets

I've pushed the changeset to the main repo.  Thanks for contributing it!

It wasn't clear to me how to get the changeset without exporting it
individually from the former URL.  You've put it in a branch, and I
don't want to "infect" my repo with branches; I prefer to use separate
repos for parallel versions of the code.  Perhaps I just misunderstand a
common pattern of Mercurial usage.