[Ur] Basic file operations

Gian Perrone gdpe at itu.dk
Wed Sep 28 05:01:17 EDT 2011

On 28/09/11 10:58 AM, Ron de Bruijn wrote:
> It appears that no file API exists, except for the existence of a few
> real web related operations in basis.urs.
>
> Are there any plans for implementing readFile, writeFile, appendFile,
> etc.?

I very much doubt it.  There's not really any nice way to do this such
that it is transactional and can be rolled back at will.  I suspect
simulating files in the database layer is a better solution for 99% of
things, and then a custom FFI-based solution will cover the last 1% in
some potentially unsafe ways.

--Gian