[Ur] Polymorphic variants and JSON

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 14 13:44:35 EDT 2012

Oh, never mind, I'm being silly.

If I understand the current json_record right now, it requires all of
the fields to be present, so this is not so good for the style of encoding
variants I described earlier.  So I'm going to see if I can modify
json_record into a variant json_variant (haha I made a pun), which
takes a type level record but requires only /one/ key to be present.
Or maybe it'll just prefer the first one that shows up?

Edward

Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Sat Apr 14 13:39:34 -0400 2012: