[Ur] local urls for the script directive

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Thu Apr 26 08:05:32 EDT 2012

Timothy Beyer wrote:
> At Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:13:31 -0400,
> Edward Z. Yang wrote:
>> AFAICT, Ur/Web doesn't come with a web server.  The typical advice
>> for deploying with a normal Apache type server is to proxy to the
>> Ur/Web process which is listening on another port.
>>
>> (Implementing a web server would be nontrivial anyway; you need
>> to support Etags, Range, etc.)
>>
>> Edward
>>
> Thanks for the information, the fact that there are additional features such as
> Etags gives me sufficient excuse to run an http server again.
>
> I just wanted to make sure that doing so would be the "right" way to do it,
> insofar to following the typical Ur/Web idioms.

This is certainly typical so far.  It might make sense to build some
abstraction of deployable resource bundle on top of Ur/Web, perhaps
following some cross-language standard that already exists.  But it's
awfully nice not to have to build standard HTTP file serving into the
Ur/Web implementation to any significant extent. :)