[Ur] A few questions about form submission

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Apr 30 05:53:43 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Edward Z. Yang's message of Mon Apr 30 07:58:05 +0200 2012:
> 1) I'd like to make a form which makes a GET request to a page
> (so it takes unrestricted URL input, but the landing page is bookmarkable).
> <form> appears to do POST by default and as far as I can tell
> there's no way to tweak that, and obviously the AJAX ones are
> not suitable.
All I know is that you can register paths to allow transactional code
even though they are not "POST".

> 2) When I have a ctextbox, I'd like an event to trigger when the
> user presses enter.  Is there an easy way of doing that?
way 1) put your inputs into a form and use the onsubmit event of the form
way 2) try to attach events. jquery/ mootools etc have their own .click
or .onkeydown like events which should work for both ie and rest. Older
IE only support their event style which is little bit different to the
standard which those JS libraries abstract over. Because I only used
such libraries I'm not sure which IE version started supporting the
standard compliant event model (or whether it does at all)

AFAIK urweb has a method such as onKeyUp/Down etc. manual page 42.

Marc Weber