[Ur] Several patches and questions

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 19 08:08:00 EST 2012

Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Wed Dec 19 21:02:18 +0800 2012:
> >      1. Some tags/attributes conflict with reserved keywords in Ur/Web
> >      (e.g. name) so we need a way of using that is not reserved but
> >      specifying the proper translation.
> >

> I grant you this one.  Might be enough of a pain in the ass to put off
> until someone requests it for a specific case. ;)

Here are two specific requests, motivated as "Ur/Web on mobile" ;-)

    1. <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    ("name" is reserved; note there are already some special-cased things in
    the Ur/Web compiler already)

    2. <ul data-role="listview">
    (#Data-role is not a valid label since it contains a hyphen)

> >      2. This doesn't allow us to add extra attributes to Ur/Web for existing
> >      tags.  Probably the easiest way to do that is use the translation
> >      mechanism to allow "extended tags" which have different types but
> >      translate into the same tag as some built-in.
> >

> This should already work.  The same tag can be declared in multiple FFI
> module interfaces, and they all compile to the same HTML.  It is, of
> course, necessary to explicitly [open] the module with the alternate tags.

Yeah, it looks like the problem here is entirely (1).

Edward