[Ur] Trouble getting started. Link errors.

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Mon Jan 2 18:34:18 EST 2012

Steve Sims wrote:
> Hello.  I have been watching Ur/Web for a while with great interest
> and finally found
> some time to kick the tires.  Unfortunately, I hit the same error that
> was reported on
> the list in November:
>
> $ urweb simsnet
> /tmp/fileEazvG0/webapp.o: In function `uw_cookie_sig':
> webapp.c:(.text+0xd4): undefined reference to `uw_hash_blocksize'

Weird.  This at least looks like a very basic issue.  As you mentioned,
my take on the problem before was that liburweb wasn't being dynamically
loaded properly.  Can you verify that the expected liburweb file is
being consulted?  Whatever is happening should be possible to debug just
by working with the linker command line that you see with the '-debug'
option.