[Ur] Trouble getting started. Link errors.

Adam Chlipala adamc at impredicative.com
Thu Jan 5 19:25:36 EST 2012

Pranjal Vachaspati wrote:
> I just upgraded my Ubuntu installation to 11.10 and had the same
> problem. The following argument order seems to work:
>
> gcc -Werror -pthread -L /usr/local/lib/ -lurweb_http -lurweb
> webapp.o -lsqlite3 -lm -lcrypto -lssl -o output.exe
>
> I'm not sure how to make Ur/web use this order, though, nor am I sure
> why the old argument order doesn't work.

Thanks for the very actionable report! :)

I've changed the compiler (in the public Mercurial repo) to use _almost_
the above argument order, on my Debian system.  The relative order of
"-lcrypto" and "-lssl" is coming from a standard Autoconf macro, so I
don't want to touch it.

Steve and Pranjal, does this new version work for you?