[Ur] Active code?

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 25 01:36:45 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Tue Jul 24 09:25:06 -0400 2012:
> Does anyone else have thoughts on the right interface for this feature?
> I think it fills an important role, increasing modularity by allowing
> packaging of HTML fragments with the side effects needed to initialize them.

I recently rewrote my code to no longer need rpc in active, and to need
active to be able to return HTML, so my how the tables turn :-)

What may perhaps make the most sense is to keep the restrictions, but
let 'spawn' be called from active and lift the restrictions for the inner
thread (since we're not attempting to join the thread back).

Cheers,
Edward