[Ur] Grabbing focus

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Thu May 17 14:23:13 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Adam Chlipala's message of Thu May 17 08:50:51 -0400 2012:
> What about a pseudo-attribute (of type [bool] or [unit]) for focus-able
> elements, asking to give them focus upon creation?  Maybe this is your
> first suggestion above.

Unfortunately, it's not clear if "on creation" is well defined or
has the desired semantics.  If I generate an XML fragment but don't
put it on the page, it shouldn't grab focus.

> What would be a usual way of implementing this in HTML/JavaScript?

Let 'el' be a DOMElement that is focusable, then you can focus it
by doing 'el.focus()'.

Cheers,
Edward