[Ur] [ur] beginner questions

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Mon Aug 5 13:53:59 EDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 01:45 PM, Sergey Mironov wrote:
> How can I search in Ur mailing list archives?

The archives are here:
     http://www.impredicative.com/pipermail/ur/
and a variety of general search engines will let you search within just
URLs beginning with that prefix.

> Does Ur have an IO-library (reading/writing files, disk operations,
> like IO in Haskell) or should I use C FFI in order to do such things?

No.  The usual IO model is fundamentally incompatible with Ur/Web's
transactional approach, where every page request should appear to be
running in a transaction, in the sense of "ACID" from the database
world.  You can use the C FFI to implement restricted cases of file IO
that happen to be nicely transactional, or you can ignore the rules at
your own peril. :)

> I'm not familiar with IRC, how can I ask freenode's web-client to show
> channel history?

This I don't know.  I never use web clients for IRC.