[Ur] rpc calls from signals?

Daniel Patterson dbpatterson at riseup.net
Mon Mar 11 10:20:28 EDT 2013

Is there a way to call remote procedures in signal handlers? I looked
through the manual and basis.urs and couldn't find anything.

The use case isn't particularly strange: I want to persist client side
changes on the server, ideally only making rpc calls when something
actually changes. I can spawn a thread that checks periodically if the
value has changed (that's what I ended up hacking together), but at that
point I'm replicating imperatively what FRP is supposed to eliminate!