[Ur] rpc using POST?

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Tue Nov 12 21:03:44 EST 2013

I'm using a JavaScript API that requires calling back to my UrWeb app
passing it a large string of authentication data. I'm using 'rpc' to do
this. It looks something like:

fun dosignin (assertion:string)  = ...

(* This is called on page load in JavaScript. 'watch' is a JS
   function that takes a callback argument. At some point the JS
   library calls this function which does the callback to the server
   pasing it a long 'assertion' string
*)
fun onload () = watch (fn x => rpc (dosignin x)) None

This works but results in an enormously large URL when calling
'dosignin'. Is it possible to have this done via POST to work around
possible browser URL length issues?

--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz