[Ur] Best practices for Mercurial + autogeneration of files?

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Thu Nov 21 15:45:33 EST 2013

I've finally gotten around to removing autogenerated files from the
Mercurial repo.  Would anyone like to help me sanity-check the result?

I've put up a dry run of a source distribution here:
     http://www.impredicative.com/ur/urweb-test.tgz
It would be great if some folks could try building and installing from
that tarball and let me know how it goes.

Also, the public Mercurial repository should now omit all autogenerated
files.  It would be helpful to hear from people who manage to build and
install from fresh clones of that repo, which lives at:
     http://hg.impredicative.com/urweb
If you notice any autogenerated files that still appear in a fresh
clone, I'd be very glad to hear about them.

I think it's about time for a new Ur/Web release, so I'd also be
interested to hear about any last important changes (not just about the
issue in the subject of this message) that I've missed.  Thanks!