[Ur] TechEmpower Benchmarks

escalier at riseup.net escalier at riseup.net
Wed Nov 27 13:01:54 EST 2013

 > How many threads you've set to handle requests (-t option)?

I've just been using -t 4 on my rather modest local computer. But I
think that the problem lies elsewhere. Even when I benchmark with one
thread and one connection I get similar problems:

./wrk -d 5 -c 1 -t 1 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/json'
   1 threads and 1 connections
   Socket errors: connect 0, read 6022, write 0, timeout 0

It seems to be some more basic incompatibility between Ur/Web and wrk.

 > ur/web doesn't have keep-alive

Is that right?

curl -v http://localhost:8080/json

reports

* Connection #0 to host localhost left intact

which I think is supposed to indicate that keep-alive is working.

 > direct benchmark w/o frontend webserver

Yes. Perhaps for the next round, Ur/Web ought to be set up behind nginx.