[Ur] TechEmpower Benchmarks

escalier at riseup.net escalier at riseup.net
Wed Nov 27 20:36:59 EST 2013

> After some experimenting with wrk, I think I have the problem solved
now, in the public Ur/Web repo.

The most recent version seems to work for me too. I've added a pull
request so that the benchmark will build using the compiler from the
Mercurial tip.

> I'll be curious to hear whether, after the latest changes, everything
> works well locally for you, escalier.  (The most likely failure would be
> the same optimistic-concurrency faults, I think.)

Everything does seem to be working well for me locally, but I was never
able to reproduce what you're identifying as optimistic-concurrency
faults.

> Do we know if there will be any more practice runs of this benchmarks
> round?  Since the Ur/Web code seems basically to have served 0 requests
> in the first run, it would be good to get some confirmation that things
> are hooked up properly!

Indeed, confirmation would be good. If there is another preview run, I
suspect it would be on Friday, but that's pure conjecture.