[Ur] ANNOUNCE: uru - the jQuery widget wrappers with a demo

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Thu Oct 10 14:14:15 EDT 2013

On 10/08/2013 06:03 AM, Sergey Mironov wrote:
> Hi. I'm happy to announce the uru - collection of thin wrappers for
> the jQuery widgets. Sources are available on the Github
>
>    https://github.com/grwlf/uru

Neat!  I haven't tried it yet because I'm nervous about the <script>
patch. ;)

Can't you implement it as an FFI library, so that folks know when
they're explicitly including it?  I consider it a feature, not a bug, to
make this functionality a little hard to implement or include. ;)

> Note, that seven patches (see urweb/ directory in
> the uru repo) should be applied on the top of Ur/Web in order to build
> the collection. Most of them are safe, but the
> urweb/2_of_7_Enable_the__script__tag.patch is a bit tricky (please see
> patch annotation).

I've pushed all of the other patches to the main repo.  Sorry for the
delay, re: your earlier message about C compiler command-line options!

> Also, I've wrote a couple of dev tools helping me to manage ur
> projects. They are not required for building but are required for
> extending the collection.

Do you have a suggestion of good places to link to publicize such tools
on the Ur project site?