[Ur] Making Ur/Web applications serve static files

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Fri Aug 1 14:18:45 EDT 2014

On 07/31/2014 06:25 PM, Istvan Chung wrote:
> On 07/31/2014 10:00 AM, Adam Chlipala wrote:
>> By popular request, I've added an Ur/Web feature to serve static
>> files from application executables.
> The new [file] directive works perfectly for serving static javascript
> files.  My only concern is that the file is embedded into the
> executable, which means that for other applications (say, serving
> large images) the executable might get very large.

I agree that the executables can grow as large as the attached files,
but I'm not sure that's such a problem.  For instance, it makes for easy
deployment by uploading a single file to a server.

In any case, I continue to endorse traditional web servers as the
Official Ur/Web Way to serve related static files. :)