[Ur] Collecting Ur/Web examples

Timothy Beyer beyert at fastmail.net
Sun Jun 29 17:14:19 EDT 2014

At Sun, 29 Jun 2014 10:23:00 -0400,
Adam Chlipala wrote:

> I asked a while back for pointers to Ur/Web applications that folks have
> deployed, so that I can mention them in a paper I'm writing.  The
> deadline for said paper is in about a week, so I'm writing now as a last
> call, soliciting pointers to cool stuff you've done with Ur/Web!

Hi Adam,

Not that it's especially relevant to the thread, but I recently noticed that on
the "Who's Using It?" page, my name is accidentally written as Daniel Beyer,
rather than Timothy Beyer.

> * General enthusiasm about building something serious with Ur/Web. I
> plan to submit this paper in early July, so there's plenty of time to
> build something interesting from scratch!  I offer my personal
> support, as usual, to people embarking on such projects. As a bonus,
> you get automatic visibility of your new web app among the
> functional-programming crowd, via links on the page above and mentions
> in the paper I'm working on!

I have mostly written a variety of non-notable small applications in Ur/Web so
far, although I am interested in writing a specific large project in it.  I am
in the process of breaking that project down into smaller subparts.

It won't be ready in time for the paper, so I don't think it would be
appropriate to mention it on the lists (hence, I'm only mentioning it off
list).

Tim