[Ur] TechEmpower benchmarks Round 10 release

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sun Apr 26 10:47:10 EDT 2015

For anyone who doesn't watch these benchmarks of web frameworks,
including Ur/Web:

The new round of data is out, at the usual place:
     https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/

For Ur/Web's most impressive showing, click the "Fortunes" tab under
"Test types" on that front page.  You'll see Ur/Web just barely in
second place for best throughput on this test, which is closest to
representing a complete, real web app.  I'm hoping that tweaking a few
parameters can get Ur/Web up to an uncontested first-place finish here!
Already for this test Ur/Web pretty definitively trounces all but one
other framework, including several written in C++ and Java.

As in the last round, somehow Ur/Web also ends up with best throughput
for the "JSON serialization" test on the EC2 platform (switch by
clicking the tabs in the "Hardware" group to the right of the "Test
types" tabs).  I have no idea what accounts for Ur/Web's jump in the
rankings here, nor for its notably /worse/ showing in database-connected
tests on EC2.