[Ur] Learning the basics

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sun Aug 9 08:37:47 EDT 2015

Thanks for the question, which probably others have thought to ask, too.

Various parts of the documentation say that they assume reading
familiarity with ML and Haskell.  Have you looked into concrete
introductory resources on those languages?  It might indeed make sense
for us to suggest particular tutorials on those languages, on the Ur site.

I also hope someone writes an Ur/Web tutorial that starts from the
common ground assumed of programmers today, but I don't know of any
concrete plans to do that yet.