[Ur] "Bare-bones" deployment *without* the compiler - eg, manually copy just the /usr/local/libliburweb_* files to the *remote* machine?

Stefan Scott Alexander stefanscottalexx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:39:24 EDT 2015

As an additional, simple test, I made another exact replica of
/usr/local/lib from the *local* machine (which has the Ur/Web compiler) to
the local machine (which has no compiler), inside a new temp directory on
the *remote* machine (using `tar` to preserve symlinks etc. - never using
`cp` or `mv` on the untar'ed files) - and then I copied the executable for
my program into that same temp directory and tried to run it there - with
all the shared libs in the same directory as the executable.

I thought that this way the executable would at least find the shared
libraries in the same directory - but it still gave the same error message.

###