[Ur] "Bare-bones" deployment *without* the compiler - eg, manually copy just the /usr/local/libliburweb_* files to the *remote* machine?

Stefan Scott Alexander stefanscottalexx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:26:34 EDT 2015

Well, I found something that works:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ./myProgram.exe

I found this suggestion on Mantis, for running Ur/Web apps under Arch.

http://www.impredicative.com/mantis/view.php?id=184

I don't know why it would be needed in this case - where the local and
remote machines are both Debian 8, and all files in usr/local/lib/ had been
replicated from local to remote machine (using tar to preserve symlinks
etc.).

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH was empty on both local and remote machine before
running the above (I checked using `printenv`).

There's a bunch of other general suggestions online which I could look into
later:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=usr%2Flocal%2Flib+%22cannot+open+shared+object+file%22

(They didn't seem very applicable, because I couldn't get `ldconfig` to run
on my Debian, and I couldn't install it with apt-get either.)

I suspect something involving shared libraries probably gets configured
during building and installing the Ur/Web compiler (which, recall, has
*not* been done on this remote machine).

###